Udyog/Udyam Aadhar Registration
Udyog/Udyam Aadhar Registration
Udyog/Udyam Aadhar Registration
What are Udyog/Udyam Aadhar registration ?
Definitions of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises In accordance with the provision of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006 the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) are classified in two Classes:
- Manufacturing Enterprises-he enterprises engaged in the manufacture or production of goods pertaining to any industry specified in the first schedule to the industries (Development and regulation) Act, 1951) or employing plant and machinery in the process of value addition to the final product having a distinct name or character or use. The Manufacturing Enterprise are defined in terms of investment in Plant & Machinery.
- Service Enterprises:-The enterprises engaged in providing or rendering of services and are defined in terms of investment in equipment..
The limit for investment in plant and machinery / equipment for manufacturing / service enterprises, as notified,vide S.O. 1642(E) dtd.29-09-2006 are as under
Elagibility for UDYOG/UDYAM AADHAR REGISTRATION
BENEFITS OF Udyog Aadhar REGISTRATION
1. Easy Bank Loan up to 50 Lakh without collateral / mortgage
2. The Govt. of India and SIDBI has launched a Credit Guarantee Scheme (CGSME) to make available collateral-free credit to SMEs.
3. Preference in procuring Government tenders
4. The Government of India gives special preference in buying from Micro and Small businesses through Govt. tenders.
5. 1% exemption on interest rate on Bank Over draft (OD)
6. Enterprises that have MSME Registration can avail benefit of 1% exemption on interest rate on over draft (OD).
7. Concession in Electricity bills
8. Enterprises that have MSME Registration Certificate can avail Concession on electricity bill by making application to electricity department.
9. Protection against the delay in payment from Buyers
10. Maximum period for payment for purchases from MSME shall not exceed 45 days, in case of delay, the buyer is liable to pay interest to the SME supplier, at 3 times of the bank rate.
11. Tax Rebates
12. MSME / SSI registered businesses enjoy multiple income taxes and capital gains tax subsidies from the government.
13. Special 50% discount on Govt. fees for Trademark & Patent
14. Enterprises that have MSME Certificate can avail 50% subsidy for patent & trademark registration.
15. Fast resolution of disputes
16. Enterprises undergoing a dispute with regard to payments may refer the dispute to the MSME Facilitation Council for conciliation & arbitration.
Multiple registration system
All other online/ offline systems of registration of MSMEs created and maintained by Central/State/UT Governments should cease to register new MSMEs forthwith. Such online platforms may be allowed to exist for the time being to enable access to useful legacy data for decision making. Henceforth, there should be only one system i.e. UAM for the registration of new MSME units.
Genesis of udyog aadhaar
The ministry for micro, small and medium enterprises had in September’15 notified Udyog Aadhaar, taking a cue from the prime minister’s radio show “Mann Ki Baat”, where he had talked about simplifying procedures to start a business with a single-page registration form.
A large chunk of enterprises in India are simply not registered due to the cumbersome paperwork involved in the process and, therefore, can’t tap the government schemes for them. The KV Kamath panel on financing the MSME sector, that has been the biggest job creator in recent years, had recommended that the registration should be universalized.
The concept of Udyog Aadhaar and ease of registration have thus originated to ensure wider coverage of MSMEs to avail the benefits under various Schemes of Central/ State governments.
System of registration of udyog aadhaar in india
The new system of Udyog Aadhaar offers convergence of all heterogeneous systems to a single system of registration. The system is capable of delivering assured ease of doing business where the UIDAI has coverage i.e. 92% of the country’s adult population.
The Udyog Aadhaar portal has suitable provisions for sharing State/ District specific data of registrations under Udyog Aadhaar with the respective States/ Districts. This initiative of maintaining the data on MSMEs with Ministry of MSME is likely to save cost in the long run since States/UTs would no longer be requiring to maintain the same.
Option for Registration Without Aadhaar.
An applicant or the authorised signatory who is not yet enrolled for Aadhaar shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrolment and in case he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of the Aadhaar Act such individual may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, UAM registration shall be filed by the concerned DIC or MSME-DI on behalf of such enterprise, subject to the production of the following documents as alternative and viable means of identification.
(i) If he has enrolled, his Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or (a)
(ii) A copy of his request made for Aadhaar enrolment,
Any of the following documents, namely:- (b)
Bank photo passbook; or voter ID Card; or passport; or driving license; or PAN card; or employee photo identity card issued by the Government.
Guidelines for Fiiling the Online Udyog Aadhaar Form :-
1. Aadhaar Number– 12 digit Aadhaar number issued to the applicant should be filled in the appropriate field.
2. Name of Owner– The applicant should fill his/her name strictly as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI. E.g. if Raj Pal Singh has his name as Raj P. Singh, the same should accordingly be entered if the name does not match with the Aadhar Number, the applicant will not be able to fill the form further.
3. Social Category– The Applicant may select the Social Category (General, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Castes (OBC). The proof of belonging to SC, ST or OBC may be asked by appropriate authority, if and when required.
4. Gender– The Applicant can select gender of Entrepreneur
5. Physically Handicapped– The Applicant can select Physically Handicapped status of Entrepreneur
6. Name of Enterprise– The Applicant must fill the name by which his/her Enterprise is known to the customers/public and is a legal entity to conduct business. One applicant can have more than one enterprises doing business and each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Aadhaar Number as Enterprise 1 and Enterprise 2 etc. Combination of same Aadhaar Number and Enterprise Name can be aadded second times. Only additinal details can be added or deleted at the time of editing
7. Type of Organization– The Applicant may select from the given list the appropriate type of the organisation for his/her enterprise. The Applicant must ensure that he/she is authorised by the legal entity (i.e. enterprise being registered for Udyog Aadhaar) to fill this online form. Only one Udyog Aadhaar number shall be issued for each enterprise.
8. PAN Number – The Applicant have to enter PAN Number in case of Co Operative,Private Limited, Public Limited and Limited Liability Partnership It. Will be optinal in remaining type of Organisation
9. Location of Plant– The Applicant may add multiple plant location in one registration by clicking Add Plant button.
10. Official Address– The Applicant should fill in the appropriate field the complete postal address of the Enterprise including State, District, Pin code, Mobile No and Email.
11. Date of Commencement– The date in the past on which the business entity commenced its operations may be filled in the appropriate field.
12. Previous Registration Details(if any)– If the Applicant’s enterprise, for which the Udyog Aadhaar is being applied, is already issued a valid EM-I/II by the concerned GM (DIC) as per the MSMED Act 2006 or the SSI registration prevailing prior to the said Act, such number may be mentioned in the appropriate place.
13. Bank Details– The Applicant must provide his/her bank account number used for running the Enterprise in the appropriate place. The Applicant must also provide the IFS Code of the bank’s branch where his/her mentioned account exists. The IFS code is now a days printed on the Cheque Books issued by the bank. Alternatively, if the Applicant knows the name of the Bank and the branch where his/her account is there, the IFSC code can be found from website of the respective Bank.
14. Major Activity– The major activity i.e. either “Manufacturing” or “Service” may be chosen by the enterprise for Udyog Aadhaar. If your enterprise involves in both type of activities and if major work involves in Manufacturing and small portion of activity involves in Service sector then select your major activity type as “Manufacturing” and if major work involves in Services and small portion of activity involves in Manufacturing then select your major activity type as “Services”
15. National Industry Classification Code(NIC Code)– The Applicant may choose multiple National Industrial Classification-2008 (NIC) Codes to includes all their activities. Which means user can select multiple NIC code of Manufacturing and Service sector by clicking “Add More” button.If you want to add Manufacturing then select “Manufacturing” radiobutton and keep on adding by clicking “Add More” button otherwise if you want to add Service then select “Services” radiobutton and keep on adding by clicking “Add More” button. The NIC codes are prepared by the Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) under the Ministry of Statistics and Program implementation, Government of India.
16. Person employed– The total number of people who are directly been paid salary/ wages by the enterprise may be mentioned in the appropriate field.
17. lnvestment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment– While computing the total investment , the original investment ( purchase value of items) is to be taken into account excluding tho cost of pollution control, research and development, industrial safety devices, and such other items as may be specified, by notification of RBI. If an enterprise started with a set of plant and machinery purchased in 2008 worth Rs. 70.00 lakh has procured additional plant and machinery in the year 2013 worth Rs. 65.00 lakh, then the total investment in Plant & Machinery may be treated as Rs. 135.00 lakh.
18. DIC– The Applicant, based on the location of the Enterprise, has to fill in location of DIC. This Column will be active and show option only when there are more than one DIC in the district. In fact if there is only one DIC in the district system will automatically register you in the same DIC.
19. Submit– The Applicant must click on Submit button to generate OTP which will be sent to email id mentioned for registration.